MENINGOCOCCAL POLYSACCHARIDE VACCINE
(Group A & C)
Meningococcal Polysaccharide vaccine is to be used to protect against cerebrospinal meningitis and other diseases caused by Neisseria meningitidis (Group A & C). Bi Meningo™ fulfills the requirements of Meningococcal Polysaccharide Vaccine as given in W.H.O. T.R.S. No. 594(1976), 658(1981), 904(2002) and the Indian Pharmacopoeia.The manufacturing facilities meets the requirements of cGMP guidelines of revised schedule 'M' of Drugs & Cosmetics Act of Government of India and is equivalent to the W.H.O. G.M.P. guidelines.
Vaccination is recommended in regions of endemic infection, travelers to countries with epidemic meningococcal disease, household or institutional contacts, military recruits etc.
It is also recommended for subjects living in closed communities and close contacts of patients/carriers of Meningococcal Group A & C.
Each dose (0.5ml) of vaccine contains:
Purified Polysaccharide of Neisseria meningitidis
-Group A…………………………….50 µg.
-Group C…….………………………50 µg.
-Lactose I.P.( Stabilizer)…………….5 mg.
-Thiomerosal I.P.(Preservative)...0.05 mg.
ROUTE OF ADMINISTRATION :
Administer the vaccine(0.5 ml) by intramuscular or subcutaneous route.
CONTRA- INDICATION :
- Hypersensitivity to any of the vaccine component.
- Ongoing acute or chronic illness like fever, severe infection, persistent diarrhoea, vomiting
- Administration of single 0.5ml dose of Bi Meningo™ (Group A & C) elicits a significant bactericidal antibody response in about 100% of subjects. Immunity is conferred for three years.
- The seroconversion rate of children vaccinated under the age of two years is lower for the serogroup C. However, the seroconversion rate for the sero-group A is acceptable in children from the age of 6 months onwards.
SIDE EFFECTS :
Reaction to vaccination generally consist of localized injection site reaction (pain, redness), transient hyperthermia, headache, vomiting in children etc.
Store between 2oC to 8oC in the refrigerator.
1. One dose in glass vial with diluent and disposable syringe.
2. Ten dose in glass vial with diluent.