PESTE DES PETITS RUMINANTS (PPR), LIVE,
ATTENUATED VACCINE I.P.
PPR vaccine is an attenuated live viral vaccine(Sungri strain, developed by the I.V.R.I. India) produced by using vero cell line adapted PPR virus. The virus is propagated in vero cells mixed with stabilizer and freeze dried. It is available in 20 & 100 dose vial with vaccine diluent.
Each dose(0.5 ml) of reconstituted vaccine contains not less than 1025 TCID50 of PPR vaccine virus. In addition, the vaccine contains the following components as stabilizer.
• Lactalbumin hydrolysate 2.5% w/v
• Sucrose 5.0 w/v
SIDE EFFECTS :-
No adverse reaction is encountered.
SCHEDULE OF VACCINATION :-
Primary vaccination at the age 4-6 months confers protection for full life of the animals(Sheep & Goats).
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION:-
Reconstitute the freeze dried vaccine with chilled diluent 10 ml for 20 doses and 50 ml for 100 doses vial. Administer 0.5 ml subcutaneously to each animal (Sheep / Goats). Pregnant animals can also be vaccinated, without causing any disturbance to the animal.
- Vaccine should be used under the supervision of Veterinary Doctor.
- Separate H/D needle should be used for each animal.
- Vaccine should be reconstituted in cold vaccine diluent after all the arrangements for starting of vaccination is complete.
- Use the reconstituted vaccine within 1 hour by keeping over chilled pack in a thermocol box.
- Burn empty vials or dip in boiling water.
The freeze dried vaccine should be transported in ice box packed with chilled pack observing strict cold-chain and stored in refrigerator. The vaccine keeps well without significant loss of titre at +2 to 80C for 2 years.