The development of technology for manufacturing vaccines by in-house Research & Development team of scientists & technicians has been the hallmark at Bio-Med's R & D Laboratories under the able guidance of Dr. S.P. Garg, our Managing Director since its inception and now being directly co-supervised by Dr Puneet Garg- our Executive Director.
The laboratories are well equipped with all the necessary equipments required for research & development in vaccines.
Our R & D efforts were influenced by the demand pattern of poultry, cattle, sheep & pet industries during the yester years. Bio-Med is up-to-date with market development and maintains close contacts with our research teams. Company maintains a library having number of textbook & subscribes to a variety of journals & periodicals. It also has a large number of reprints for reference in the required disciplines. Scientists are members of I.C.A.R. & I.C.M.R. libraries at Delhi & frequently consult them for ongoing improvements .The list given below reveals the achievements of our in-house R & D Laboratories. Our R & D Laboratories have received the recognition of the Department of Scientific & Industrial Research, Government of India in 1990.
MILESTONES IN DEVELOPING HUMAN VACCINES :
• Oral Polio vaccine from imported Polio bulk .
• First indigenous Salmonella typhi Vi antigen vaccine – Vi Polysaccharide typhoid vaccine.
• Upgradation of Polio Vaccine manufacturing facilities. Obtained WHO GMP certification of manufacturing facilities and manufacturing processes.
• Development of final product form of Haemophilus type b (PRP - Tetanus toxoid) Conjugate vaccine and Meningococcal polysaccharide vaccine.
• Launched first indigenous Haemophilus type b Conjugate vaccine – Peda Hib™
• Launched first indigenous Quadri Meningo™ (Meningococcal polysaccharide vaccine Group A, C, Y, W 135 ).
• Received GMP certification for manufacturing facilities of OPV, Typhoid , Peda Hib™, Quadri Meningo™ vaccines.
• In the process of developing other conjugate vaccines and Botulinum toxin type A.
• Launched first indigenous Botulinum toxin type A- BOTOGenie™ .
• Launched World's First Vi Conjugate Vaccine - Peda Typh™.
• Launched India's First indigenously manufactured Bivalent Meningococal Polysaccharide vaccine- Bi Meningo™.
•Launched rabies vaccine for veterinary use - Rabies VetTM
• Launched Rabies Vaccine,Human I.P. Sure Rab™.