RABIES VACCINE, HUMAN I.P.
It is an inactivated, purified and lyophilized preparation of Pitman Moore strain of rabies virus. The virus is produced on VERO cell culture and inactivated by β-propiolactone. Sure RabTM is manufactured as per Indian Pharmacopoeia. The manufacturing facilities meets the requirement as per cGMP guidelines of revised schedule 'M' of the Drugs & Cosmetics Act, Government of India and W.H.O. G.M.P. guidelines.
Each single dose lyophilized vaccine contains : Inactivated, Rabies virus...................................................................................≥2.5IU
Stabilizer: Polygeline, Sucrose, Salts
• Hyper sensitivity to any of the vaccine component.
• Acute infection or febrile illness.
PREGNANCY AND BREAST FEEDING
• No case of harm attributable to use of Rabies Vaccine during pregnancy have been observed to-date in mothers or children.
• It is not known whether Rabies Vaccine passes into breast milk. No risk to the breast- feeding infant has been described to-date.
•It is advisable to carefully weigh expected benefits against potential risks prior to pre- exposure immunization during pregnancy and breast-feeding.
The vaccine should be shaken gently and visually inspected for any foreign particulate matter and/or variation of physical aspect prior to administration. In the event of either of the above being observed, discard the vaccine As with other vaccines, in rare cases anaphylactic shock may occur in susceptible individual. The mainstay in the treatment of severe anaphylaxis is the prompt use of adrenaline, which can be life saving. It should be used at the first suspicion of anaphylaxis. The vaccinees should remain under observation for not less than 30 minutes for possibility of occurrence of rapid allergic reactions. Hydrocortisone & antihistaminics should also be available in addition to supportive measures such as oxygen inhalation.
The corticosteroids and immunosuppressive treatment may lead to vaccination failure.
Ask for any active product, there may be more or less moderate and temporary side effects like :
- Pain, induration, erythema, pruritis at the injection site.
- Rare, transient, febrile reactions.
- Rarely anaphylactic reactions, urticaria, rash may be encountered.