Typhoid Polysaccharide Vaccine-
"Big concern, small solutions"
Typhoid fever is a contagious and severe disease due to a bacterium called Salmonella typhi. It mostly affects school-age children. Typhoid fever is a widespread disease that is easily transmitted.
It is present in all tropical regions, including our country where it affects most of the population. Each year, over 33 million people worldwide catch Typhoid fever and about 200,000 die.
Bio-Med successfully developed typhoid polysaccharide vaccine and launched it in November 1998. Typhoid Polysaccharide vaccine is the first indigenously manufactured Vi antigen typhoid vaccine and is manufactured as per WHO requirements of biological substance no. 48 & WHO TRS 840, (1994) and conforms to Indian Pharmacopoeia.
Bio Typh™ is a clear solution containing purified Vi capsular polysaccharide of Salmonella typhi for prevention of typhoid fever. It contains 25 mcg of Vi antigen per dose and is in liquid form.
Each dose of vaccine contains :
|Vi polysaccharide of Salmonella typhi||25 mcg|
|Phenol I.P. (Preservative)||max. 0.25%|
|Isotonic saline I.P. q.s.||0.5 ml|
• Children aged 2 years or more and adults.
• Travellers proceeding to endemic areas.
• Mela / fair visitors.
• Vendors of unprotected food.
• Settlers in poor hygienic areas.
• Single dose vial (0.5ml)
• Single dose vial with disposable syringe.
• 5 dose vial (2.5ml)
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION :
• Inject 0.5 ml in adults and children over 2 years of age by intramuscular or subcutaneous route.
• Vaccine provides protection for a period of three years.
• Reimmunization every three years under conditions of repeated or continued exposure is recommended.
• Prevention becomes effective 2-3 weeks after immunization.
CONTRA- INDICATION :
• Hypersensitivity to any constituent of the vaccine.
• Pregnant and lactating women.
• In the event of fever or severe infection.
SIDE EFFECT :
Mild local pain, redness, induration and mild fever may occur during the 48 hours following injection in few cases.
Store between 20C - 80C. Do not freeze. Product is good for use within 30 months from the date of manufacture.